Tuesday 11 September 2012

A little ray of sunshine.

I dread those days. You know the ones when you casually check your hotmail (people still use hotmail, right?), and there is an email from ASOS saying "70% off sale". Yeah, them. 'The ASOS addiction', my boyfriend calls it (I wonder if there is an ASOS anonymous? I would seriously consider going). When I still lived in Australia, there was the horrible anticipation of having to wait up to 2 weeks for my purchases to get delivered. However now that I live in the UK, they basically turn up at my door step 48 hours later, which makes it all that more tempting (it kills me and my poor bank account). The other day at work, on completely separate occasions throughout the day, three ASOS packages turned up for me. HaTeRz GoNnA HaTe. ASOS for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Yep.

I bought this bright yellow dress off ASOS in one of their many ridiculously cheap sales about two months ago with quite a bit of hesitation. I actually thought to myself, "you will never wear it", but I had previously made a promise to myself to try and wear colours that I usually wouldn't. Y'know, push the boundaries. Well, that I did. I usually wear this dress with a cute pair of boots or, even black sandals. To be fair, it has been a bit of a bitch trying to match any kind of accessory with it, but I then reached a conclusion that this dress is a statement of it's own and needs minimal additions to complement it.

Wearing: black ribbon (I think I drunkenly stole it off a Christmas present one year and thought to myself "I could do something with this" - I certainly did), yellow ASOS dress, TopShop pastel Green nail polish, and Wittner black canyon leather boots (www.wittner.com.au).


Not sure what I am doing here, probably some kind of rendition of Single Ladies.




No comments:

Post a Comment